- One of Golf Digest’s “Best Young Teachers in America” since 2018
- Trackman Level 2 Certified Professional
- Foresight Peak Certified
- Match play competitor at the 2009 U.S. Amateur
- Wright Balance Level 4 Certified
- 15 years’ experience focusing on fundamentals with his father, Peter
- Earned all-region honors at Brophy, including medalist his senior year
- University of Arizona Men’s Golf: All-America Scholar and three-time All-Pac 10 Academic.
- Individual or small-group instruction for all abilities
- Full swing, short game, mental game
- On-course playing lessons
- Let’s get to work on your game!
|9-Hole Playing Lesson|
The breadth of John’s background and experience gives him a unique perspective on the game of golf, which helps him serve as a highly capable teacher for anyone ranging from beginners to advanced players. In addition to other sports, Kostis grew up with golf alongside his father, Peter Kostis, who co-founded the instruction operation at Grayhawk Golf Club with his pal Gary McCord. The Grayhawk Learning Center welcomed John to the golf instruction team, where he had already been playing and practicing the game under the guidance of instruction veterans Paul Trittler and Jeff Yurkiewicz. And in terms of the mental side of the game, Kostis has worked with notable names such as Bob Rotella and Peter Crone.
In high school, Kostis was a member of the Brophy Broncos golf team where he earned all-region honors as a junior and senior. He won the regional tournament as a senior with a 64 and was the golf team co-captain for two years. Kostis also was named an Arizona Interscholastic Association Scholar Athlete in 2006.
John went on to play NCAA Division I collegiate golf at the University of Arizona. He was a Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-America Scholar in 2010 and a three-time member of the on the Pac-10 All-Academic First Team. His experience at UA competing at a high level helped to prepare him for professional golf after graduation in 2011.