- Trackman Level 2 Certified Professional
- Learned the game from one of the all-time best golf instructors, his father, Peter Kostis
- Made the Golf Digest Best Young Teacher list in 2018 and 2019
- Earned all-region honors at Brophy, including medalist in his senior year
- Member of the University of Arizona Golf Team where he was a Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-America Scholar in 2010 and three-time member of the first team All-Pac 10 Academic team.
|John’s Private Instruction Rates|
|Junior – 1 Hour|
|Trackman — 1 Hour|
|9-Hole Playing Lesson|
|3 Lesson Package|
The Grayhawk Learning Center welcomes John Kostis to the golf instruction team. Kostis grew up with the game alongside his father, CBS Golf Analyst Peter Kostis, who also co-founded the learning center at Grayhawk with his colleague and good friend, Gary McCord.
Kostis, 31, didn’t have to go far to observe some of golf’s top instructors teach the game. In addition to his father, Grayhawk Learning Center veterans Paul Trittler and Jeff Yurkiewicz also guided his professional development. In terms of the mental side of the game, Kostis has worked with notable names such as Bob Rotella and Peter Crone. This breadth of experience gives him a unique take on the golf swing and the game of golf in general, making him a highly capable teacher for everyone ranging from beginners to advanced players.
In high school Kostis was a member of the Brophy Broncos’ golf team where he earned all-region honors as a junior and senior. He won the regional as a senior with a 64, and was a two-year team co-captain. He was also named an Arizona Interscholastic Association Scholar Athlete in 2006.
John went on to play Division 1 Collegiate golf at The University of Arizona. He was a Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-America Scholar in 2010. He was also a three-time member of the first team All-Pac 10 Academic team. His experience at U of A competing at a high level of college golf helped to prepare him for professional golf after he graduated in 2011.