A fun, social and inclusive opportunity for boys and girls to learn and enjoy the game
As the proud host of the PGA Jr. League Championship, all of us at Grayhawk Golf Club have a soft spot for this particular junior golf program. And judging from its skyrocketing popularity – 42,000 juniors participated nationwide in 2017 – many other people do, too.
Every Player of Every Skill Level is Welcome!
After fielding a league last year and hosting the championship finals at Grayhawk Golf Club for the second year in a row (and through 2022), it’s easy to see why this program is taking off. And, no matter how many kids participate, there’s always room for more. Registration for the 2018 season is now open with leagues popping up across the U.S. It’s open to beginners and experts alike. In fact, 80 percent of players from last season identified as beginner or recreational golfers. PGA Jr. League is for every player, of every skill level, everywhere!
Visit www.pgajrleague.com to learn more about the PGA Jr. League
The PGA REACH Program
A key initiative of PGA REACH, the PGA of America’s charitable arm, kids play on teams with friends in a low-pressure scramble format and wear numbered jerseys, while learning the game from PGA and LPGA Professionals. Superstars Rory McIlroy, Rickie Fowler, Michelle Wie and Lexi Thompson also serve as Official PGA Jr. League Ambassadors.
How Do You Join Team Grayhawk?
Local teams will compete throughout the month of May and our All-Star team will be formed in June. We'll then commence practice for the regionals and sub-regionals which kick off in August. If successful at these levels, our Grayhawk Team will have a chance to play in the national championship rounds at its home course at Grayhawk.
We hope you'll register to play for Team Grayhawk. Register through the big blue button below. How do you ensure you're registering for the Grayhawk Golf Club team? The registration will require a small extra effort on your part, so just follow these few steps. Please note, you'll need to select Grayhawk Golf Club as your team of choice and create a secure account to complete your registration.
- Click the blue registration button below to get to the national "search" page for registration.
- In the "Keyword" box, enter Grayhawk Golf Club. In the Zip Code box, please enter 85255, and in the Miles box, enter 5 miles. When the Grayhawk page comes up, just click on the registration button there.
- Enter all requested contact information either as the junior golfer or as the parent/guardian. A junior who creates their own account must be at least 13 years of age.
- You will receive a verification email, and you will then be taken to a page where you can specifically register yourself (if you are a junior golfer) or your junior golfer (if you are the parent or guardian).
- Grayhawk Golf Club should be pre-populated as your team of choice. Complete the form and submit it.
Grayhawk’s all-star team made a solid run at the title last year. We battled through local and sub-regional competitions before narrowly missing a berth into the national championship held here at Grayhawk. Although visions of earning a national championship at our home course went unrealized, winning is far from the purpose of this casual competition.
Thoughts From the Coach
After serving as coach for our team and really getting a feel for this special junior golf program, it’s clearly one of the most rewarding junior programs I’ve been involved with as a PGA Professional. Growing the game is the objective for everyone involved with golf; it’s very gratifying to be a part of a program that truly accomplishes this goal. Get signed up for Team Grayhawk today!
Travis McCutchan PGA Jr. League Coach Head Golf Professional Grayhawk Golf Club